Wednesday 9 January 2013

WEEK 1 OF THE 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!!

Today marks the completion of one week on the 5 Stone Challenge diet and exercise regime.  So when I got up this morning, knowing I would have to take that dreaded step onto the scales this afternoon, I made sure I was wearing exactly the same clothes as I did when I first stepped on the scales last week.

As per my earlier blog post, my weight at the beginning of my 5 Stone Challenge was 26 stone exactly (165.3kg / 364lb).  When I stepped on the scales again today, my weight was 24 stone 12 pounds (158kg / 348lb).  A 16 pound weight loss is incredible and a great start for week 1.  My body fat was 37.7% last week.  Today it is 36.7%.  My BMI was 42.05.  Today it is 41.6.

Kate Moss once famously said, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels” (although Kate did have her own unique, chemically enhanced way of getting skinny that I don’t advocate).  The generic point that she makes is one I entirely agree with.  The boost you get from having lost weight is amazing, but I still have a long way to go...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ben I follow Victoria's blog. What a fantastic start! I lost 5 stone on your plan (not sure if you want particular plans mentioned) if you need any help, support just ask. I also know a lady who lost 19 1/2 stone and kept it off, it can be done!

    Any chance you can put a followers link on the side bar as I liked to follow your progress. Good luck with it all.

    P.S. get some frylight it will become your new best friend. From eggs to chips to healthy 'roasties' and gorgeous chargrilled veg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda. Thank-you for your encouraging message. Indeed, I'm very pleased with the initial loss, but appreciate that has to be sustained over a longer period and the further along in the challenge I go, the harder weight loss will become!

      I'm very much a novice at blogging, but will ask Victoria to sort out the followers bar, as requested.

      As for Frylight, everyone has been raving about it. I'm actually a fan of dry frying quite a lot of things myself, but will certainly use it as and where appropriate.

      Thanks again for your comments.

      Best wishes,
      Ben.

      Delete
  2. Popped over from Victoria's blog to congratulate you on all that you are striving to achieve. Great start with more great weeks to follow. Made me smile when I read that you were once Mayor of Epping as I am PA to our local Mayor!

    Best Wishes
    Lolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for your support! I'm pleased to have made you smile.

      All Mayor's need VERY good PA's. Without them, we are nothing.

      Delete