Sunday 13 January 2013

MY SECOND WEEKEND OF THE CHALLENGE - COMPLETE!

Just checking-in after a fantastic birthday weekend.  In the last week and a half, I’ve managed not to stray from the diet and avoid alcohol, despite the fact I’ve had a stag, my birthday, my sister’s birthday and various charity and business functions to attend.  It makes me think…if I can get through those events, I can surely get through anything.  The only other nemesis I have to face in the coming weeks is some weddings and, boy, do I love a wedding!
 
This weekend, however, has been great.  Saturday morning began with the usual English breakfast for me.  This week, I actually tried the Quorn sausages, as an optional extra.  They cook from frozen and I’m used to cooking real pork meat sausages from a farm down the road, so I was a bit thrown by them initially.  They smelt quite herby whilst they were cooking, but they actually tasted great.  By using these as part of my breakfast rather than a real sausage, I reduced the fat and calorie intake I would usually have drastically.  Definitely something I will continue to do, much like poaching eggs rather than frying them. 

Saturday night I was supposed to go out for dinner with friends for my birthday, but I’ve had a bit of a cold this weekend which seems to be getting progressively worse, so we stayed in and they very kindly cooked dinner.  Being on a diet usually makes eating out at friend’s houses difficult, but my friends have been 100% behind my challenge, so they cooked a fantastic Thai Green Curry from the Hairy Biker’s Diet Cookbook, which is only 283 calories, so very well received!

Sunday I wanted to get out and do some exercise, so a friend and I headed into the East End to Columbia Road flower market and the surrounding areas for some shopping.  We managed to grab some cajun spiced sweet potato soup along the way too, which was perfect for warming us up.  For all of the journeys which would usually have been done by car / to avoid the cold, we have ensured that we walked, especially to and from the supermarket, carrying some heavy bags.  I hope it’s these simple lifestyle changes which will make all the difference in the longer-term.  It’s weigh-in day again tomorrow, so I will let you know how I get on.

3 comments:

  1. When are we doing our next trip?!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are lucky to have a butchers that does sausages that are on my plan, very yummy. That said I also used to use Quorn a lot, good if you umph it up so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The town in which I live is famous for it's butchers, so perhaps that is something I should check out myself. Someone else recommended this evening to try the Linda McCartney onion and rosemary sausages. They also said that Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself range of sausages is only 0.5 Syns on the Slimming World diet. All good information!

    ReplyDelete