Tuesday 15 January 2013

DAY 14 OF MY 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!!

Today is the 14th day of my diet and I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s 2 week weigh-in.  I wonder how much I will have lost this week after last week’s 16lb, considering I have now lost a lot of the water/‘easy weight’ and am in to more difficult territory!  What do you think?  Have a guess in the comments field at the bottom of this page.

Today has been the same as any normal working day.  Porridge for breakfast with a little fresh honey drizzled over the top – such a great way to start the day in this cold weather.  For lunch, I usually stick to soup and the best soup in the City in my opinion is made by ‘EAT’.

When you’re dieting, it’s always a worry how food is cooked and prepared, but there’s a fantastic website called My Fitness Pal, which provides a breakdown of the calorific value and fat content, etc. For example, today I am planning to have a ‘Big’ Chicken Laksa Soup from EAT which is 365 calories. Before my diet, I would have had 2 small buttered bread rolls with my soup, which would double my calorie intake for lunch to about 750 calories.  The average man needs around 2,500 calories a day.  Tonight I have some chunky homemade vegetable soup…full of flavours and very warming.  

Even though we aren’t quite 2 weeks into the diet, I have been inundated with people asking me if I’m finding the diet hard now or whether I am feeling the difference the truthful answer is ‘no’.  I’m eating things I enjoy and exercising as part of my daily routine.  That’s the only way I am going to be able to sustain weight loss over a long period of time.  I have made my friends laugh this week by telling them the only place I seem to have lost weight it around my wrists!  Before my diet started, I had a link taken out of my watch so that it fitted perfectly.  Now my watch seems to be extremely loose!  Today, I also had to make a new hole in my belt, as my trousers were falling down, so it’s obviously not just the wrists affected after all.

2 comments: