Thursday 3 January 2013

DAY 2 - SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS IS AMAZING

I woke-up this morning to some fantastic weight-loss related gifts from my good friend, Victoria.  The latest Slimming World and Weight Watchers magazines along with the Hairy Dieters ‘How to Love Food and Lose Weight’ recipe book which so many people have sent me messages recommending.  For me, these publications are a great way of making sure what you’re eating isn’t boring and makes you feel like you’ve not totally restricted yourself to an unsustainable diet.  Victoria also brought me some very handy measuring spoons & cups which will help with my portion control.

I’ve agreed to an interview with Dave Monk on BBC Essex tomorrow to talk about my challenge in the hope we can raise the profile of the charity and obtain more sponsorship!  It was also great to see Epping Forest District Council Chairman, Cllr. Brian Rolfe saying in the Guardian today that he too intends to lose some weight as part of his New Year's resolution, but wouldn't come into completition with me.  A wise move, given how determined I'm feeling!

Of course the charity is the whole reason behind my 5 Stone Challenge and today I wanted to tell you about a beautiful young lady by the name of Esther.  Esther has bone cancer and has endured a really tough bout of treatment.  In a recent break from spells spent in hospital, Esther wanted to go on a holiday of a lifetime with her family, so The Dream Factory granted her wish and sent them on a cruise around the Mediterranean.  Upon her return, Esther said she had the best time of her life.  You can help this amazing charity grant more wishes by donating whatever you can afford, however big or small online here.

1 comment: