Tuesday 22 January 2013

DAY 21 OF MY 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!!

Today I am firmly back on track!  No porridge this morning, so I had some natural yogurt with some banana and granola.  For lunch, I had the Thai Chicken Curry Soup from EAT and for dinner I’m having some grilled salmon steaks with fresh, steamed vegetables.  My weekly weigh-in is tomorrow, so today is all about turning things around after the weekend’s slip-up and exercising like crazy to work off those extra pounds.  The widespread ice and snow in Essex will not stop me!  If I get on those scales tomorrow and have put on weight I’ll be gutted.

I noticed I haven’t reminded everyone why I’m actually doing this 5 StoneChallenge for a little while.  The whole point of this challenge is to raise money for an amazing charity called The Dream Factory, which grants wishes for children with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.

Recently, the Dream Factory was introduced to 5-year-old Lewis who was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephallis and had to endure many spells in hospital for treatment.  Lewis told the Dream Factory that he loves anything to do with 
the army and helicopters, so, with the help of Captain Andy White, he was sent off to Army Air Corps Middle Wallop where most army pilots begin their careers.  I think it’s safe to say, Lewis had a day to treasure forever and the look on his face in these pictures is priceless.  That’s what this charity does – makes dreams come true and shines a little light into the lives of those children who really have had a rough time.

You can help keep me motivated with my challenge and donate to this remarkable cause today simply by clicking to visit my JustGiving website.  Alternatively, you can send a cheque to: Ben Murphy, C/o The DreamFactory, South Eastern House, 62 –70 Fowler Road, Hainault, IG6 3UT or by calling 020 8501 1234.  The Dream Factory is a registered charity in England and Wales (No. 1123662).

No comments:

Post a Comment