Friday 4 January 2013

MY INTERVIEW WITH BBC ESSEX RADIO

In my interview with David Monk on BBC Radio Essex today, which you can listen to online here (runs from 2.24.30 to 2.30.00), I actually confirmed that my weight at the start of the challenge on 2nd January 2013 was recorded at 26 stone exactly (165.3kg / 364lb).  I think a lot of people have been quite shocked at that, because it is a huge amount, however, I am 6 foot 6 inches tall and whilst I do wish to lose weight, I want to get fit more than anything else, which is why other stats are actually of more interest to me personally.

For men, an acceptable level of body fat is between 18% and 25%.  Anything over 25% is classed as obese.  My body fat level is currently 37.7%.  That means I need to lose 3.3 stone in body fat to fall within an acceptable level, but a 5 stone weight loss should take me to a much better fitness level.

Men with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 18.5-24.9 are considered a normal weight. Those between 25-29.9 are considered overweight.  Those between 30-39.9 are considered obese.  Those over 40 are considered morbidly obese.  My BMI is currently 42.05, so I’m well within that category.  With a 5 stone weight loss, that should take me to a BMI of around 33, which would still leave me in the obese range, but the overweight range would be within reach and that would be huge progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment