Tuesday 14 May 2013

WEEK 19 OF MY 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!!

To say I’ve lost my way with this 5 Stone Challenge would be an understatement!  The past few weeks have been peppered with so many luring social events and I seem to have made some marvellous excuses as to why I should be allowed “just one night off” for a birthday or wedding or family gathering or…!!  I’ve broken the cardinal rule which is you have to ensure that whatever goes in, has to be burned off to come out.  It seems as though as soon as the sun makes its extraordinarily rare annual visit, my body cries out for alfresco dining...which is obviously best complimented with copious amounts of vino! 

However, I’ve had enough of not making the progress I desire.  I am now officially 19 weeks in, so have 15 weeks left to complete this challenge.  I think the last time I posted my weight was just after my trip to Mexico at the end of March and I weighed in at 23 stone exactly (146.4kg).  So starting afresh, I hopped back on the scales today and weighed in at 22 stone and 9lb (144.2kg).  My BMI is 38.3 and body fat percentage is 33.6%, so I still have a long way to go, but at least I know where I stand.  Now I know I have to lose 1 stone and 9lbs (23lbs) in the next 15 weeks as an absolute minimum, so the food focus is back and I’ll be stepping up the exercise regime too.  Of course, there’s no time like the present, so today I took a nice stroll from my office which is just off of Liverpool Street, across the Thames to the Mayor of London’s office at City Hall, then I walked back again – it’s almost a 4 mile round trip, but only took me about 40 minutes, so easy to do in my lunch hour.  It also gives me an opportunity to venture into parts of the city I wouldn’t usually see as part of my daily routine and it acted as a sharp reminder of just how magnificent our historic London skyline really is.  Of course, within 5 minutes of leaving my office without an umbrella or overcoat, the heavens opened and I appeared at the Mayor’s office looking rather like a drowned rat!  Another lesson learned.

Thanks again to everyone for their continued messages of advice and support.  Needless to say, the whole reason why I’m going through this massive lifestyle change is to raise money for a charity which so desperately needs support to make dying children’s wishes come true.  It’s realy that simple.  We are just trying to give kids a break in life they so richly deserve.  If you think you can help with that, you can make a donation via my JustGiving website here or you can send a text MURF50 then the amount you want to sponsor (anything from £1 upwards) and send it to 70070 or you can call the charity directly on 020 8501 1234.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you were doing, keep going, like you say you know what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete