Wednesday 22 May 2013

DAY 140 OF MY 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!‏

This morning I woke-up at 6am as usual, but all I wanted to do was assume the fetal position and drift back off to sleep (of course, I didn’t).  I got up, had a shower and headed into the office, certainly feeling less than my usual partying self – dizzy, tired, grumpy and a little sick does not a good Murf make!

When I arrived in the City, I was approached by a sea of salespeople trying to offer me free samples of their products, most of which fell outside of the 'healthy' food and drink category, so I grabbed an iced caffe latte and a fruit smoothie and headed to the office. As I strolled through the office the temptation continued. I had forgotten it was the charity cake sale!! The smell across every floor in the building was wonderful. Working for such an international organisation, there was such a vast variety of goods to choose from and a few months ago, I would have made light work of ensuring I visited each station to support the good causes. Alas, this year I made a donation and scurried off to my office putting myself on lockdown!

For lunch I turned to one of my favourite dishes from the restaurant EAT; Chicken Laksa Soup. It's officially described as: "a Malaysian classic. Lots of noodles and chicken in a spicy coconut creamy soup. Garnished with a fresh salad of spring onion, spinach and coriander." All I know is it is delicious and thanks to the wonderful website My Fitness Pal, I can always see what I'm eating and how bad it is for me. This particular dish is 365 calories for a 'big' portion which I think is very reasonable for a hot lunch and something which fulfils me and stops me wanting more throughout the afternoon. Also, because this is a creamy dish with noodles, you don't want any bread with it, so it's a real winner in my books.  For dinner I had a grilled gammon steak with a medley of vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment