Thursday 7 February 2013

WEEK 5 OF THE 5 STONE CHALLENGE – COMPLETE!!

This morning started bright-and-early today and, as with every Wednesday, my weigh-in was niggling away at the back of my mind.  Taking my usual route to the office however, I was faced with what can only be described as a very cruel temptation to test my resolve and commitment to the 5 Stone Challenge.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so you can see for yourselves…a Big Ben burger…c’mon!!  You’ll be pleased to know I avoided it like the plaque and laughed off as just another chapter in my new life. 

Lunchtime came and off I went to Boots for my weigh-in.  I am pleased to report that this week I lost another 3lbs (1.4kg), which takes me down to 23 stone and 8lbs (150.1kg / 330lbs).  That means I have now lost a total of 34lbs in 5 weeks.

My BMI is now 39.5, down from 42.05.  Remember, a BMI over 40 falls into the ‘morbidly obese’ category, so I am now out of that extremely unhealthy category and moving in the right direction!  Let’s hope next week we make even more progress, but I know that weight loss is certainly getting harder to achieve.

I also had a good chuckle playing a game with my niece this evening where you have to collect shopping and place it in your trolley.  I only managed to collect some water and some soup in mine - it felt scarily 'close to home' for my liking!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ben! You seem to be coping very well and even eating out. It just shows it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Amanda.
      As Victoria continues to tell me, to make this work long-term I have to find a way to continue to have a social life, so I must find ways to eat and drink healthily or be prepared to hit the gym hard the next day.

      Delete